Monday, July 1, 2019

Closed for the Summer

I am closing down my blog for the summer for a variety of reasons.

1).  It's summer!  This means I am more involved with outside activities, travel, gardening, family, friends, and just enjoying the warm days.  Therefore, I am limiting how much time I spend in the house.

2).  I am having a difficult time deciding what to write about in my blog. I checked out some other blogs and find that what they post doesn't really go for me.

      **I am quite happy with my life in retirement.  I am doing many things which I didn't have time          for before.  I am trying a lot of new things.  Nothing really to complain about there.

      **My personal opinions on politics and life in general are just that...personal.  I don't feel it's
          necessary for me to air those opinions on my blog.

      In short, I lead a very quiet, ordinary life which would not be of interest to anyone.

So, I close the door on this blog for the summer months.  In September or October when the weather starts to turn toward the cold side, I shall take another look and see if I should begin again.

Till then, I wish all of you a safe and happy summer!

1 comment:

  1. This is about the saddest thing I've heard this week. I can understand not being able to post during the busy summer months. But I disagree that your life is not of interest to anyone.

    Every time, I've come here, I've heard the voice of a mother and a friend through your writing. Having come from an abuse background, I've never known the faithful and constant love of a mother in my own life. But it is here, in the little snapshots of life that you share with everyone. I've had my internal compass reset very often after a visit here. After a visit here, I'm a more grateful person, gentler and a better mother. I may be the only one regularly commenting but that doesn't mean others are not reading. Some readers might not be able to comment because they just don't know how to do it.

    Ellen, sometimes God calls us to touch just one soul. Sometimes, no one can reach a soul except one person. And that person may be you.

    Have a beautiful summer touching souls, but don't give up the blog. Your every day stories about coffee on the deck, listening to the birds, the work around the house, the simplifying of your life, the love you have for your husband and kids and your late parents.... each one is the gentle voice of the Father going through you to call us back to His heart through the things which matter most - family, home, simplicity, sacrifice.

    I have one suggestion which I hope you'll consider, Ellen - switch to a Wordpress blog. I tried Blogger before and got stuck. Maybe a move to a new neighbourhood might be the right thing.

    But please don't end this.

    ReplyDelete