Monday, August 22, 2016

The Jam Pot





Last Saturday, my husband and I went to Copper Harbor in the Keeweenaw Peninsula for the annual Art in the Park fair.  It was rainy but we had fun anyway.  We go to Copper Harbor at least once or twice a year because we enjoy it so much.  One of the places we always stop at is the Jam Pot.  It is a small bakery nestled in the green forests of the Keeweenaw in Eagle Harbor, MI.  This little shop is run by Byzantine monks and it contains the most delicious baked goods. 

It is such a small building that it makes you wonder how many items are actually in it for sale.  The next thing you notice is that there is a line out the front door and the parking lot is full.  I have never gone there without standing in line and yet, people don't mind it because it is worth the wait.  When you get inside, the first thing is the delicious smells that greet you and the variety of the items on display.  There are many different kinds of jams and jellies.  My favorites are the Wild Raspberry and Wild Thimbleberry Jams.  There are also fruitcakes and poundcakes freshly made.  Lemon Poundcake is excellent.  It is soaked in brandy and although, I am not a fan of liquor soaked cakes, the brandy was just a hint and I liked it.  There are also a variety of brittles, barks and candies for sale.  My husband is partial to brittles of all flavors.



There are also fresh baked cookies.  Chocolate chip are my sons favorite but mine is the oatmeal raisin peanut butter cookies.  To me, the hardest thing to find is a good oatmeal raisin cookie.  These are excellent!





So, my recommendation is that if you ever get to the Keeweenaw and want to sample some wonderful baked goods in a beautiful setting...The Jam Pot is the place to go.  You don't have to take my word for it because The Jam Pot is also featured on the Pure Michigan website.  P.S.  You can also order from them online.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment