Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Saturday, April 27, 2019
* My morning doves have returned for Spring. There are 2 of them and most mornings in the spring and summer, they sit in the grass beneath my maple tree. It always puts me in a good mood when I hear their soft coo in the morning.
* 2 new slo cooker recipes - pork chops & stuffed peppers. I am enjoying my slo cooker so much. I wasn't sure how these 2 new recipes were going to work but the pork chops were so tender and the stuffed peppers came out just perfect. I can't wait to try more recipes for this amazing machine.
* Bought a new mattress set - used computer for first time to find which one right for me and my husband. Very strange lying on a mattress in the store, watching a video and moving when it told you to. Saleswoman then showed us mattresses that would be right for both of us. New mattress is spot on. Love it.
Saturday, April 13, 2019
*My son recommended the whitefish tots as an appetizer. I am not a big fish eater but I tried them for him. They were really good!
*I saw a robin on Friday and then again today. This morning, I watched one perched on the railing of my deck. I take it as a sign that spring will come to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan soon.
*We had a snowstorm on Thursday and the prediction was for up to 2 feet of snow. I was very happy to see that we only got about 4 inches instead. Don't like the fact we had a snowstorm in April but hopefully with such a small amount of accumulated snow, it will melt quick and spring will finally get here.
*I have been trying to incorporate spring around my house as much as I can. So, here is my front door all decked out for spring.
Monday, April 1, 2019
Lent declutter project - This is going as well as it does every year. We have already taken one load of declutter to St. Vincent de Paul mainly because there was so much, it was taking up a lot of room in the spare bedroom. I was surprised at how much we declutter each year during Lent. The upside is that with us both being "senior citizens", it is a worthwhile way to downsize.
Spring - slow thaw - no flooding (fingers crossed). Temperatures have been going up but not real quick. I would love to start having days in the 60s & 70s but the upside is that the slower the temperature rises during the day and then goes back down in the evenings, the less flooding we will have from the snow melt.
Taxes done - refund came within a week. This is not surprising as our taxes are fairly easy now that we are retired and our deductions are few.
Physical Therapy done. I am pleased with the results of the physical therapy I received. My balance is much better and now that the weather is changing, I am more confident to be walking outside more.
Started Spring cleaning - 3 rooms done (small house). Of course, our annual Lent decluttering helps with the Spring cleaning each year. I still have 3 rooms plus the basement and the garage to go.
March came in like a lion and went out like a lamb (Thank Goodness)!
Saturday, March 23, 2019
10 Things That Make Me Happy
1) Spring breezes coming through the open windows after a long winter
2) That first cup of coffee in the morning
3) Cuddling and talking to my pets
4) Starting a book and realizing I won't be able to put it down until I'm done.
5) My blue cuddly blanket still warm from the dryer
6) Phone calls and text messages from my children
7) New journals whose blank pages are inviting me to write
8) Watching the same movie over a dozen times and still enjoying every minute of it
9) Chocolate ice cream with crushed pretzels mixed in
10) Sitting on the porch on a summer morning listening to the birds call