Sunday, April 17, 2016

This is the day...


This morning I sat outside on my deck enjoying the warm weather and a hot cup of coffee.  To some this may not seem like a monumental thing to write about but I have been stuck in the house since last September because of our UP winter.  To be able to sit outside and enjoy my morning coffee in a relaxed warm environment is the closest thing to heaven as I can attain.  The road was quiet as the young people who live a quarter mile down had not started driving their cars and trucks up and down the road yet. All that could be heard was the occasional bird chirping a good morning.  As I sat there reveling in the refreshing breeze on my skin and the warmth of the sun on my face, I began to hum a hymn that seemed appropriate for this blessed morning.

      "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad." (based on Psalm 118:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment