Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sunday Smiles




After a week of bone chilling, dangerous wind chill temperatures, the smiles are for being able to get out of the house.  Friday, we were able to go to the bank, post office and the grocery store.  Although being confined to the house with the wind chill hovering between -34 and -44 was great on using up what was in the freezer, we were happy to go to the store and stock up on items most needed.  Living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, we are used to the large amounts of snow in the winter but this wind chill stuff was awful.  I would much prefer snow to freezing temperatures.  To be honest, I would much prefer summer to winter but that's another post.  Our house has electric heat with baseboard heaters that we can use individually.  The majority of winters, we only turn on the living room heaters and that is sufficient to make the house cozy and warm.  So far, in January, we have had the heaters on in the living room, dining room and bedroom.  I can't wait to see my electric bill for this.

So if I were to try and see this weather experience optimistically (my 2019 word), I would say that we got to clean out the freezer and spend time together cuddled up watching old movies, reading and playing games (But, I still prefer summer).

1 comment:

  1. Cold, heat, rain, freezer food etc. Too much of anything is never welcomed. I'm glad you were able to finally go out. It must be lovely to be part of the outside world again!

    ReplyDelete