Friday, March 1, 2019

Where I Am 2 Months In

Here it is the beginning of March and I am looking at both sides of where I am in 2019 so far.  First, Let's look at the plus side.  Days are getting longer which means, hopefully, that spring is coming.  My youngest son has a new girlfriend and it seems to be going well.  He's quite happy and she is a nice girl whom we like.  Our oldest son and daughter-in-law are doing quite well in their jobs and their first year in the new house.  My husband and I are surviving the winter with a minimum of frustration and the medical problems that have been plaguing the two of us have returned to a more manageable state.  Physical therapy has done me a world of good with my balance and I find that I can move around more with less pain. On the negative side, there is so much snow outside my door that it is like living in a snow tunnel, roofs around the city are collapsing under the weight of all of it and more is on the way.  I am developing the winter nutsies and want this season done quick.

As for my goals for 2019, I have accomplished a few so far.  We have worked on getting our credit rating up and it has been rising steadily.  We have put away a nice emergency fund which we have wanted to do for awhile now.  I have been able to get my body on a routine of sleeping at least 7 hours a night.  This is a major step for me since in the past I have only been able to manage 4 hours.

Not bad for only 2 months in of the new year.  I am optimistic for the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment