Saturday, September 21, 2019

SATURDAY SMILES 9/21/2019

*  I am getting ready for my trip to Nevada to visit my oldest son and dil.  I am so excited.  There is also a new member of the family...a new grandpuppy by the name of Buster.  Sadly, my son's dog, Snoofer, passed away in June and they both have been so sad.  I was happy to hear that they went to the animal shelter and adopted another to lavish their love on.  I can't wait to meet my newest grandpuppy and see the kids!

*  I've discovered a new book series.  I love to read a book series.  The characters, setting and story lines become so familiar that you swear you are living in the same place and know them as neighbors, friends, family, etc.  The only problem with reading a series is that I get caught up and have to wait, what seems like forever, for the next one.  I started with Sue Grafton's alphabet series which got me hooked on book series.  Then I went to Joann Fluke's "Hannah Swenson Mysteries".  Now I am happily involved in Jenn McKinlay's "Library Lover's Mysteries".

* Our neighbor came by while my youngest son was visiting.  They talked for a bit and then my son headed for home.  A little while later, my neighbor returned with a jar of homemade bread and butter pickles (yum) and as he was leaving, he said to me "Your son has grown into a fine young man."  I agreed wholeheartedly with a big smile.  It was nice to hear someone say that other than family.

*Since we are getting to the end of the month and it will soon be time for our big monthly grocery shopping, we decided to clean out the freezer before filling it up with all the winter comfort food.  After pulling everything out of the freezer downstairs and putting it in the refrigerator freezer in the kitchen, we have been creating menus for each item.  I am happy to say that we have used up a lot of food items and there will be plenty of room in the downstairs freezer for winter comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment