Sunday, February 14, 2021

FEBRUARY SO FAR...

To celebrate National Homemade Soup Day, B made his famous (at least in our family) homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner while oldest son made bean and turkey soup
   
A former student's mother passed away-donated to Upaws (animal shelter) in her name

Saw something I have never seen before (and no, not talking politics).  People ice skating on Lake Superior.  I have lived here 50 years and have never seen it cold enough to safely ice skate on the lake.
 
Fixed garage door opener--B said he could have figured it out but I beat him to it.  Uh huh, right.
 
Straightened out tel. bill snafu--happy days, it was their fault not ours.
 
Oldest son had chest pains, had first ambulance ride, is well and home, called me long distance to tell me after it was all over
 
My vacation from 1) using my credit card, 2)  watching news programs a good portion of the day, 3) politics and anyone who wants to talk politics, 4) watching tv more than 4 hours a day, 5)  kitchen grazing in the evenings because of boredom more than hunger and 6) drinking too much soda daily is going pretty good so far.  I am proud of myself.
 
B and I got our second doses of the covid vaccine.  We feel better knowing that we are done and hope that the numbers we see mean that the pandemic is on the downslide. Both oldest son and dil have received theirs as they are educators.  Youngest son and dil will have to wait until their group comes up.
 
Ordered Puchkis for Fat Tuesday from our local bakery.  Not exactly healthy food but it's once a year and one cannot celebrate Fat Tuesday without homemade puchkis.

1 comment:

  1. Except for the one about your son's medical emergency (I hope it wasn't serious), the rest of your February brought a smile. I think a National Homemade Soup Day is such a lovely kind of day. Apart from the health aspect, it's another excuse to go into the kitchen and make something as simple and as comforting as soup.
    February hasn't ended yet. Looking forwards to hearing more of your February, Ellen. I pressed your eldest son into the Heart of Our Lady of Lourdes. May his health not trouble him anymore.

    ReplyDelete