Monday, January 10, 2022

I Recommend...


 I am not one to recommend books on my blog but I am doing it now.  I just finished reading a wonderful book, "The Stranger in the Liveboat" by Mitch Albom.  I got this as a gift at Christmas and didn't get a chance to start reading it till yesterday.  I had not seen any reviews on it so I was a bit skeptical that I would like it.  However, since I have been a fan of Mitch Albom's work in the past, I gave it a go.  Well, I started reading last night after dinner and didn't stop till I finished it after midnight.  That should tell you what I thought about it.

It is a powerful book that had me in tears by the end.  It starts a little confusing because it does go back and forth in time but once you get that rhythm figured out, you are hooked. I don't want to give too much away of the story but basically it is about passengers from a yacht struggling to survive in a life raft on the ocean when they find a stranger in the water and pull him into the boat.  He says he has come to save them.

If you have already read it or you do read it, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I will keep my eyes open for this one. I do like the way Mitch Albom writes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete