Saturday, September 10, 2022

Saturday something

I am sharing a letter to the editor that was published in our local newspaper this past week.
I normally do not share these but this one resonated with me in a positive way.

        "Where did my America go?
           I want my America back.
          The America that opened its arms to my immigrant ancestors.
          The America that generations of our brave military fought to preserve our democracy
          and freedom.
          The America where our flag was respected and saluted.
          The America where a difference of opinion did not lead to violence.
          The America where different cultures, religions or sexual orientation were not hated
          and attacked.
          The America where you felt safe to congregate and send your children to school.
          The America where politicians ran on a platform of their accomplishments and goals not
          by trying to tear down, insult and slander their opponents.
          The America where the children were able to look up to adults as good examples.
          The America where there was a sense of right and wrong and people were held
          accountable for their actions.
          The America whose national anthem brought tears to my eyes.
          I want to be able to say "I am proud to be an American."
          Let's all get together.  We can do this."

  

2 comments:

  1. Many of those same ideas could be said about Canada right now. I know that enough of us gather in both our countries we can make a change for the better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. Sadly, in many ways this could be written with Canada replacing America.

    ReplyDelete