Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Animated Movie Addict



OK, I admit it, I am a big fan of animated movies.  I have loved them since I was a little girl from Disney's Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White up to recent ones like Despicable Me, Hotel Transylvania, The Minions, etc.  They are fun.  They make me laugh and I enjoy watching them again and again.  There is only one downside for a person my age loving them so much (this may not be a downside for everyone but it is for me), I can't go to a theatre to watch them.  I have no small children to take to the theatre to enjoy them with (yes, this is an excuse) and it makes my husband and I very self conscious to be there surrounded by children and we have none.  However, with progress comes the benefits of movies on tv and dvds.  Since we don't like going to see the movies in the theatre plus the cost of the theatre these days is outrageous, we wait for them to come to tv.  Then its butter popcorn, soda and the comfort of our living room and an enjoyable evening watching the latest animated flick or one of the old standbys.  We watch, we laugh and we enjoy and for a couple of hours, the seriousness of the world today goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment