Friday, February 5, 2016

My Gratitude List



I am grateful for...
 *my husband of 43 years who has been loving, funny, patient, supportive, dependable, friend and    partner in this roller coaster of life.
 *my sons who have become the kind of young men that their father and I had prayed for when they were born.
 *my daughter-in-law who loves my oldest son so much that the happiness she brings him is obvious to all who know them.
 *my family, both near & far, whom I love no matter the circumstances.
 *my friends who stand by me no matter what mood I am in.
 *my good health and the good health of my family.
 *my career as a teacher that spanned 24 years and being able to share the gift of faith, learning and discovery to hundreds of children and be inspired daily by colleagues who love their profession as much as I.
 *my life in which I have had so much, not in material wealth but in the people and experiences (both good & bad) which have given me more than I could have imagined and made me the person I am today.

Most of all, I am grateful for...
 *my Faith in God.  Raised in His faith and coming to love Him as a child.  Living His faith and coming to know Him as an adult.  Sharing His Faith with my sons and the students in my care.   Understanding that my Faith in Him will sustain me and give me incredible joy up to and on that day when I will finally be face to face with Him in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment