Tuesday, December 6, 2016

In Rememberance of Mom

Today is my mom's birthday and although she has passed away, I still celebrate it in a small way.  Christmas was not my mom's favorite holiday, it was my dad's.  When he passed away, my mom pretty much stopped with all the decorating and cooking that went with the holiday.  So with her birthday so close to Christmas and her being so far away from me, I would send her a large poinsettia plant as a birthday present.  She would use this as a substitute for a Christmas tree.  After my mom passed away, it was hard for me to remember her and her birthday without a great deal of sadness.  My husband, in order to make it easier on me, continued the tradition of the poinsettia plant on her birthday by getting me one.  Having that beautiful plant with its large red blooms and green leaves on my dining table makes me feel as if mom is here with me on her birthday once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment