Wednesday, June 21, 2017
"5 Things I Am Glad Were Invented"
1. Sticky Notes. These are a super invention. When I was teaching, these were an important item on my school supply list. They identified papers, were mini notes to myself and others, became part of lessons and activities, super organizational tools and so much more. At home, they were great for attaching notes for husband, sons and myself onto mirrors, tv screens, refrigerator doors, telephones and the occasional backpack and or child.
2. Caller ID. This is such a simple but great invention. No more answering the phone thinking its friend or family but instead finding out it's a telemarketer (and yes, I am on the "do not call" list but still get calls).
3. Mute Button on TV Remote. I love this button. Press it and the most annoying commercials (which are most of them) become just a picture of moving mouths and politicians become automated robots that are easier to look at without hearing all the empty promises.
4. Slo Cookers. This is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Put the ingredients in the slo cooker in the morning and by dinner time you have a meal. This is an especially great alternative to turning on the oven in the summmer and turning the kitchen into a sauna.
5. Coffeemaker. I adore coffee. My day starts with coffee and keeps going thru the day and into the evening with coffee. I love being able to set the timer and wake to the sensual smell of coffee first thing in the morning. I love how I can make a new pot of coffee in less than 15 minutes. Growing up my mom had one of those coffee pots you used on the stove. Many a time, it was forgotten and then there was boiled over coffee all over the stove.
Your 5 inventions might be entirely different from mine and that's ok. Sometimes progress brings good things in the midst of all the negatives.
Posted by Ellen Fassbender