Wednesday, November 1, 2017

In honor of All Saints' Day

St. Theresa of the Little Flower has been the patron saint of the women in my family for as long as I can remember.  Her novena is the one we say when we are going thru difficult times and need to send added prayers to God.  Her philosophy has always been that the little things we do can sometimes be more important and more needed than the larger things.

My prayers to St. Theresa include condolences and understanding to the victims of violence both by man and nature that have occurred this year.

Saint Theresa, the Little Flower,
please pick me a Rose from
the Heavenly Garden and
send it to me with a Message
of Love.
Ask God to grant me the
Favor I Thee implore and tell
Him I will Love Him each
day More and More.

2 comments:

  1. I've not stopped by in a long while, Ellen, but I did today and this post caught my eye. I read the prayer and something caught in my throat. I have today, on a little stoop where my Our Lady of Fatima statue stands, a small blush pink rose and its wee baby. My eldest had insisted on running out into the pouring rain to rescue the rose for Our Lady. This is not something he normally does.

    But he did today, and today was so tough at work. I felt like I had reached some kind of precipice. I had prayed and asked God to help like never before.

    And now, I see this prayer to St Theresa. I see the rose that leans towards our Mother. The Little Flower wants me to lean on Her as well.

    Caitlynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how just when you think you are alone on a hard day, God works wonders no matter how small? I am sending blessings to you especially on tough days.

      Delete