Saturday, May 12, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

Mom and me

I love lists!  This is something my mom taught me.  She loved lists too!  I grew up finding lists everywhere...on tables, hanging on the refrigerator, sticky note on the bathroom mirror as well as in my purse, on my bedroom mirror and in the pocket of my coat.  So whenever I can make a list, I do. It organizes my thoughts, keeps me on task and gives me a good feeling when I read it.

So in honor of Mother's Day, here is my list of what I learned from my mom about motherhood.

1.   Say "I love you" everyday.
2.   "let it go, let it go" (a mother's mantra)
3.   Let them know that you are there for them no matter what.
4.   Being disappointed in them is a better punishment than a spanking
5.   Let them know they can tell you anything, good or bad or weird or graphic
6.   Motherhood is a lifelong & beyond commitment.
7.   Make home a place they will always want to come back to.
8.   Motherhood is the toughest job and worth every moment.
9.   No matter how old your children are, they are still your babies.
10. Our greatest accomplishments are our children.

 “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother.”-Saint Therese of Lisieux.

Me and Eric

Me and AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment