Wednesday, June 13, 2018

My Lumberjacks

I live in the woods so in order to have tv, we have a satellite dish.  It is great!  We can watch local tv, networks and a number of channels we pay extra for.  However, there is a downside.  Because we live in the woods, trees grow...as they should.  But in this case, it is not a good thing.  Eventually, the trees grow so high that they interfere with the "line of sight" for the satellite dish.  What can we do?  We must take down the trees that are in the way.  As my husband and I are older people, we called upon our younger son to come out to the house with the chainsaw to do the deed.  As you can see from the pics, things did not go as planned.  The chainsaw, which according to my son worked at his house just before coming to ours, decided not to work.  So, plan B was to chop the trees down by hand.  Not good as our son is a bit out of shape for the task.  So when exhaustion overtook him, the senior citizen in our house took over.  It took quite a bit longer than we anticipated to take down the two trees but it got done.  The 2 lumberjacks...well, they were very sore the next day.

What was I doing while all this was going on?  I was taking pictures and holding the cell phone in case 911 needed to be called.


No comments:

Post a Comment