Thursday, August 9, 2018

His Voice

Last night, I went for a walk and had a long conversation with God.  I poured out my fears and thoughts and asked Him to help me know that He was with me on this journey I have found so difficult to travel.  When I returned home from my walk, I felt the need to go to my Bible.  I opened it to Isaiah 30:21 and read these words, "And your ears shall hear a word behind you: “This is the way; walk in it,” when you would turn to the right or the left."  As I read those words, I knew He was answering my prayers.  He was letting me know He was with me.

Today I began my usual morning routine of flipping my day-by-day calendar to August 9th.  I read the daily thought as I always do.  It said, "In times of uncertainty, you can be certain of God's presence."  I smiled and raised my eyes to heaven and whispered a soft thank you.  Later in the day, I received an email message from a dear friend who let me know her thoughts and prayers were with me.

I have heard God's voice and I know I am stronger because of it.

1 comment:

  1. Thus says the LORD:
    I will allure her;
    I will lead her into the wilderness
    and speak to her heart. ~ Hosea 2:16

    ReplyDelete