Friday, September 14, 2018

Goodbye Bev!

This week, a friend and colleague passed from this earthly world.  I am saddened because she was one of the most loving, kind people I have ever met.  She was a physical education teacher for many years that I worked with when I was teaching.  She had an infectious enthusiasm for life and she shared that with students and teachers.  She made every student feel special and that they could accomplish anything they set their mind to.  She even got teachers to get into physical exercise (not an easy feat after teaching a full day).  Her faith, her family and her life were all about giving back and helping others.  But with all the sadness that comes with her passing, I find that in a way I am happy for her.  For the last 10 years, Bev has had alzheimers and it was hard to see someone so into life reduced to being taken care of by others and not recognizing those whose lives she touched with her loving and giving heart.  I take comfort in knowing that she is at peace now in heaven with a memory that remembers all she helped and loved and shared her life with.  I am comforted to know that Bev is home and she is happy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Ellen. This must have been tough on you. Bev sure is beautiful. She didn't walk the way of the world, in its selfishness and self-importance. You were indeed blessed to have Bev in your life, someone who led by example that any giving should be in cheerfulness. Alzheimer's is a tough thing - for the patient as well as for the caregiver(s). In a way, I think that through her illness, she continued her giving. In the many difficulties of caring for an Alzheimer's patient, Bev gave her caregivers a chance to touch heaven.

    May she rest in peace now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind post. I always smile when I read your words. I truly believe that God speaks to me thru you and it gives me a warm feeling in my heart. My prayers always include you and yours.

      Delete