Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Stress Free Holiday


What's done...

*Tree and wreath up.  Decorations out on display.  Have paired down quite a bit on the decorations in      the house.  There are items that come from family that are a must every Christmas.  I have a thing for    Christmas tradition.  There are the sleigh bells from my father-in-law's sleigh, a ceramic Christmas       tree from my mother-in-law, the angels candle choir from my mom, the Christmas tree topper that         was a favorite of my dad's through out my childhood until his death, a large wooden handmade creche   from my husband's family, and My Christmas village which my husband adds to every year as a gift.

*Gift ordering done.

*Dinner menus for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day done. Along with all food purchased and   schedule for cooking times written.

Still need to do...

*Baking

*Gift wrapping

*Holiday dishes washed and set aside for the big days

My family finds it terribly amusing how organized I have become but, to me, with organization comes a stress free holiday.
 

And a stress free holiday means more time to enjoy Christmas movies, Christmas music and time spent with the most important people in my life...my family.
 

2 comments:

  1. Gee, Ellen, that's a level I cannot hope to compete with. I used to be the one with lists and ticking off and such so I know that delicious way glee and satisfaction curls within you. I hope that in the next post you share your Christmas menu with us. Oooo... and the baking you will be doing as well. One of the nicest things at Advent is reading about how others are preparing for Christmas.

    The only baking I've done so far is making things the kids love which happens to be chocolate cookies and today, it was brown butter chocolate chip cookies. They're don't exactly sing Christmas but perhaps they do for us since I only bake cookies at Christmas. Here, it's my husband who does most of the Christmas baking and it looks like he will be starting tonight with his special coconut candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just working on some mitts to add to the sons Christmas gifts. I have a couple of items left to bake and then I will be done.

    This is the latest for me in a very long time.

    Glad you have everything well in hand.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete