Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Catching Up

My Christmas shopping is finally complete.  I still have wrapping to do but not as much as in previous years.  Previously I have waited to wrap when all the shopping is done but this year I tried to wrap as soon as I could so as not to have to do so much last minute.

From my shopping excursions, I saved plastic bags for kitty litter scooping and paper bags for the local thrift store.

I made appointments for B and my annual Medicare physicals for January.

We received a Christmas card from the new pastor at our church.  First time in the 50 years we have been members there that we have gotten one.

Dinner menus for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day done. For Christmas Eve, we are doing a seafood supper in honor of our dil who is vegetarian.  She offered to bring dessert which I am happy about.  One less thing for me to make.  Christmas Day we will have a turkey breast (everyone is partial to white meat) with all the trimmings and our dil is bringing her baked ziti which has no meat in it.  She brought it last Christmas and it was very good.  It is also great as leftovers the next day.  She says she is slowly introducing us to vegetarian eating.  I also got all the holiday dishware washed and set aside for both days.

Baking is done.  I made 3 dozen snowball cookies, 4 dozen different kinds of sugar cookies, and peanut butter cookies (B's favorite).

My family finds it terribly amusing how organized I have become but, to me, with organization comes a stress free holiday.  A stress free holiday means more time to enjoy Christmas movies, Christmas music and time spent with the most important people in my life...my family.



2 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes to this! I think I need to wash up my dishes and make my grocery order. My daughter and her husband host Christmas Eve, as he is Danish and they have a great celebration on Christmas Eve. It is so fun. I am planning ham on Christmas Day, so easy peasy! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep an organized approach to the holidays cuts stress. Me, well I got off the organized part over the last few weeks and am feeling the pinch.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete