Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Catching Up on the First Week of January


We filled up the gas tank since the price was $2.98 gallon. The lowest since the pandemic.

Went to the credit union with all our coins that we have been saving for the year.  Turns out they don't do the counting coin machine for you.  Now you have to use the machine yourself.  The teller was kind enough to show me how to use it.  I don't like it because it takes longer since I have to put the coins thru a slot that keeps clogging up when I go too fast and my fingers were dirty from handling the coins (again).  Good thing I had wipes in the car to clean them up.  I miss customer service.

We did our monthly grocery store run and used turkey bucks on 2 small hams and a turkey breast.  Turkey bucks are coupons that the store gives out during the holidays.  You receive a $1.00 turkey buck for every $20 you spend in the store.  We use them to fill the freezer with what we used over the holidays.  The store was recently renovated by new owners which means I don't know where anything is which means grocery shopping takes longer.  Before the new owners and renovation, I had the floor plan of store memorized and could write out my list accordingly. It made the shopping go faster.

Called the doctor's office to get prescriptions for me and B refilled at the local pharmacy.  They wanted us to wait until our Medicare wellness check on the 25th but since we were both completely out of the medication, they decided to let us refill now.

Got all the paper shredding done. We shred anything that has our name and address on it.  We usually do it right away but with the holidays, we got behind.  It doesn't take long and it is good to have it out of the way.

Sorted out any papers from 2023 we need for taxes this year and got the basket cleaned out for 2024 papers.

My dil's birthday was on the 8th and since it was so close to Christmas, we sent her gift cash to spend on herself.  She called and thanked us and said she went out to lunch with a fellow teacher with it.

Annual dental checkups were supposed to be on the 8th.  But it was canceled because the dentist was ill.  I will need to reschedule that for later this month. Our dentist is an hour away but we enjoy the ride as long as the weather cooperates..  Usually after the dentist, we go to Hobby Lobby and Walmart.  Then eat at a favorite restaurant before heading for home.

My grandkitty Cruiser passed away on January 8th.  He belonged to my youngest son and dil.  He had developed a blood infection and had 2 blood transfusions before he passed.  For those of you who regard your animals as your family/children, you understand the grief.

We are under a Winter Storm Advisory and they are predicting 5-8 inches of snow by the end of Wednesday.  This is not something surprising for the UP but it's going to be that wet heavy snow and that is definitely not good even with snowblowers.  I believe we will be hunkering down for a couple days until it gets somewhat better.  Of course, that won't be until spring, in my opinion.  As you can tell, I am not a winter person.

 

1 comment:

  1. You reminded me that I need to start a file for our 2024 income taxes. I actually will have a few things to put in it. I also need to ask the pharmacy for a print out for our 2023 taxes on our medications.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete