Friday, March 22, 2024

Catching Up

It's hell to get old:  12 medications per day-6 for B, doctor appts, new prescription on glasses for me, cataract surgery for B's right eye (his left was done two years ago) followed by mine for both eyes, blood tests for me and since a mistake was made in one collection of blood, I had to go to the hospital for another blood draw (oh joy), a 24-hour urine collection which if you have never had to do this-be thankful.  All of this in the span of two weeks.  

Telephone bill has gotten much lower.  We removed a lot of extras from our phone plan and that brought the monthly cost down.  Speaking of lower bills, because of the "Lost Winter" we experienced this year in the UP, our electric bill was almost half of what it is normally this time of year.  This was a great surprise because our whole house is electric and our bills can get high in the winter running electric heaters all the time.

Buds on my lilac bush, maple tree and rhododendrum bush

chickadees, woodpeckers, morning doves and blue jays visiting the feeders daily

Reading on my nightstand:


 


Using up my stash of yarn by crocheting small blankets for the local pet shelter.  My fabric stash I have been using to make aprons, pot holders and napkins for my local thrift store and making Christmas ornament gifts with my embroidery thread stash.

Using up what's in both freezers

Waiting and waiting anxiously but not patiently for Spring

Pulled a muscle in my back on the 17th and have been in pain ever since.  Between a heating pad, hot showers and Aleeve, I am surviving. Thursday was the first night in 4 days that I slept without pain.  It was wonderful.

It seems March came in like a lamb and is going out like a lion.  It has done nothing but snow since the 18th and I am so sick of it!
 


2 comments:

  1. I am also sick of snow and cold. Weather is nuts this year. We are supposed to get snow on the 1st of April.... Not happy here at all.

    The entire back of our house and the basement was electric, sometimes those bills would give me a bit of a heart attack.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for stopping by.
    Our daughter is a type 1 diabetic and is pregnant, so she recently had to do a 24 hour urine test. It's a pain in the neck!
    I'm sorry you still have snow. We got hit hard last week but thankfully it melted quickly. I'm so ready for Spring too.

    ReplyDelete