Sunday, June 12, 2022

Help!


 I am sending this help request out to anyone who has experienced my problem and solved it or is having the same problem.

The deer are having a nighttime buffet with my potted plants and hostas.  I went out to the backyard yesterday morning to find nothing but dirt in my hanging plant, my hydrangea bush that I had just planted and more than half of all the tops of my hostas eaten.

Any ideas on how to handle shutting down this buffet that won't hurt the environment or the deer and is not expensive? 

Any ideas would be appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. My yard is in the city and fenced off, so I've never had to deal with deer. The only thing I can think of is sprinkling cayenne pepper on the plants - though that would wash off if it rains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have hear that planting mint or lavender hides the scent of other plantings and the deer hate the smell.....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete