Monday, July 18, 2022

Monday

This morning I rose feeling very fearful and not looking forward to 3 days of no sleep and worry.  You see, my youngest is driving to a work conference today and he will be going alone.  Now he is 30 years old and a mother shouldn't worry about a grown son driving alone to a work conference, I know that.  But the conference is in Detroit and I grew up in Detroit and know the city.  With all the negative, violent, hateful things going on the country today, Detroit (in my opinion) is not a place I want him to go alone.

In order to take my mind off it, I began my morning routine just as I do each morning.  I started to do my usual computer work by first reading "The Catholic Company" Morning Offering.  I do this every day.  It sends me Bible verses, thoughts and a Saint's life story each day.  It gives me calm and peace to start my day.  So as I was saying, I began to read today's offering and what verse did I find...

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the Lord your God who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you."  --Deuteronomy 31:6.

I read this twice and then printed and cut it out to tape to my computer.  I really feel that God is telling me not to fear and that He will take care of my son.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing starts a day better than prayer. I love that verse.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my daughter has a long drive I tend to ask my mom to go with her. Mom passed in 2003, but I believe she is with us still in spirit and there have been times when I'm certain she's kept D safe.
    Wishing your son safe travels.

    ReplyDelete