Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday Smiles


 Morning Doves - love listening to their coos, watching them use the deck bird bath and flying around the front door along with the chipmunks who sit on the deck by the storm door.  Tormenting my indoor cat who watches thru the storm door.
 

Survivors of the Deer buffet-3 potted flowering plants and some hostas (all green and white variegated).  Next Spring, I am saturating my hostas and plants with deer repellant.
 

At the end of June, B and I purchased an ice fishing tent and ice auger package for a wedding gift for my youngest and his fiance (they are into that sort of thing, me not at all).  It was delivered the beginning of July.  One week later, another package exactly like the first was delivered to us.  I contacted the company explaining that I had only ordered and paid for one package and would they send me a fedex label so I could return the second one.  I heard from the company this week that instead of them paying for return shipping, I should keep the second package free of charge.  One of my son's friends said that he would buy it from us.  Good outcome.
 

The door B had to break because of a misturned lock was going to cost us over $2000 to repair and replace.  But B worked his handyman magic and did it himself.  He fixed the door without having to replace it for only $200 for materials.  Yay!
 

My youngest son went to Detroit for GM training.  I was a basket case the whole time because he went alone.  Put my faith in God to take care of him and bring him home safe.  He didn't like Detroit...too many people, too busy.  He said it was like coming into the twilight zone.  I said then he knew what it was like for me when I moved from there to the Upper Peninsula...twilight zone in reverse.

2 comments:

  1. I bought Harvey one of those ice fishing tents for Christmas one year and he used it a great deal when the boys were home. Now not so much. He still has it though in case Kris comes home and wants to fish during winter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done by your husband to repair the door. Glad you youngest's travels went okay. I'm not a big city person myself, and can't imagine driving in one as big as Detroit!

    ReplyDelete