Sunday, December 4, 2022

Tiny Victories for the Week of 11/28

All my Christmas gift shopping is done.  I say that with a little sarcasm as I always say my gift shopping is done and then I think of something else for someone, usually B who is the hardest person to get a gift for.
 

I was able to get the whole house decorated this week.  Mostly because I didn't put out as many decorations as I usually do.  Since retiring, B and I find that we don't entertain at the house much anymore so it seems foolish to decorate the house to the nines.  Now we put out the decorations that the kids like to see and, of course, the ones that hold a lot of memories for me and B.  House looks festive and not so much work.
 

Christmas tree and wreath shopping done.  We met up with the kids at the local Christmas tree lot and had a wonderful time choosing a tree and a wreath for us as well as them.  I mentioned to my son I was freezing and he said it wasn't that cold.  I replied, "Anything below 60 degrees is freezing."  He laughed and said, "You live in the wrong place, mom."  He laughed as I blamed that on his dad as I always do.  We had warm apple cider and homemade cookies and just enjoyed ourselves.  When we got home, they helped set it up in the livingroom and after a nice visit, they headed home to set up and decorate theirs.  They sent pictures when it was done and said that, as usual, one of the cats started munching on the branches while the other two cats looked bored with the whole thing.
 

Most of the presents are wrapped.  There are still a few I am waiting for but at least I got the majority done as well as sending gifts to my oldest son and dil in Nevada.
 

Christmas cards have been sent but I only send about 6 these days.  Special ones to members of the family.  I can remember when we sent piles of Christmas cards and got so many in the mail that we had them hung up on ribbons all over the house.  The amount we get know fit on a small table.
 

Next week will be spent baking, this is what B looks forward to as he has designated himself "Official Taste Tester" which requires a LOT of testing.  lol

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on getting all done. I still have my upstairs to decorate. I put up a small tree and a few other items. Nothing too extravagant.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! I'm like you, I think I'm done shopping and then I think of something else that is needed or wanted. I made my list yesterday and hope to finish it by end of the week or so.
    At this time of the year, I appreciate the sparkle of the lights and decorations on the tree. It may be cold and grey outdoors but it's sunny inside.
    Enjoy your preparations!

    ReplyDelete