Friday, January 1, 2016

Not Resolutions for 2016

Every year on New Years Day, I write out my resolutions for the coming year.  The list seems quite long at times and although I have the best of intentions, the resolutions are usually broken and forgotten before January ends.  So this year, I am trying something new.  Instead of making a list of my new year resolutions, I am making a list of my NOT resolutions.

*I will NOT obsess about my weight unless absolutely nothing in my closet fits me right and/or my health becomes an issue related to it.

*I will NOT come down on my husband for putting things away willy-nilly even though I personally prescribe to the theory "everything has a place and everything in its place".

*I will NOT let depression take over as I watch or read about what's happening in the world today even though 80% of what is happening is dreary, despicable and depressing.

*I will NOT "sweat the small stuff" even though this goes against my OCD big time.

*I will NOT wallow in the regrets of my past but instead will focus on the future.

*I will NOT worry about what I don't have but be grateful for the blessings I do have-my husband, my children, my health and most of all, my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment