Monday, September 12, 2016

Telemarketers Are The Worst!

I will warn you on the outset, this is a rant about telemarketers.  I am so sick and tired of running to answer the phone and it is a telemarketer of some sort.  I put my phone on the Do Not Call List and did that help........NO!  I still get at least 3 to 5 calls per day.  Now that we are in an election year that number almost doubles sometimes.  We get opinion poll takers, candidate pollsters, issue pollsters, etc.  Also, I am about to reach the age for Medicare and so I receive many calls for supplemental insurance and other health gadgets they seem to think a senior citizen needs (example: the "I've fallen and can't get up" necklace).  What is the point of a Do Not Call List if no one is paying attention to it?  Thank goodness for caller id or I would be answering these ridiculous calls all the time.  However these places have gotten sneaky in getting around caller id.  There have been calls identified as being a cellular call, a call coming from my area code or city, or a call from a government dept.  All of which have turned out to be from telemarketers.  You would think after getting no answer the 6 or 7 times they have called, they would get the idea we are not talking to them and find someone else to harass but nooooo.  Of course, a lot of these calls are automated and since no human pays attention why would they realize that you will never answer their call.  So although this is a rant about the annoying telemarketers, it is also praise for the person who came up with caller id.  Now if that same person could figure out how to get the telemarketers to stop calling, that would be a happy day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment