Wednesday, January 24, 2018

3 Weaknesses

I have 3 weaknesses in my life - animals, purses and books.

Animals (specifically dogs & cats) are my weakness.  I love to hold them, pet them, talk to them and cuddle them.  If I had my way, I would have a house filled with puppies and kittens.  In fact, my sons are convinced that eventually I will be the crazy cat lady on the road.  My intense love for them as made me lose self control on a number of occasions in my life causing me to bring home a number of new "babies".  So much so, that my family has made it a rule never to take mom to the animal shelter or the pet store unless you are willing to accept the consequences of what she adopts and brings home.  I must admit to watch the looks on their faces when I start cuddling a kitten is quite amusing and honestly, I sometimes do it just to get a rise out of them.

Another weakness is purses.  I love purses!  I love all colors and styles.  Some women love shoes and clothes...I love purses.  I have a collection of about 25 different kinds and I am always adding more.  I go into a store and see a color I don't have (or one I do), I see a purse with a new design or I see one that just looks so cute I must have it.  My husband thinks they talk to me and say "take me home, Ellen, you need me."  The advantage of this weakness for the family is that they always know what kind of gift to get me.  So if you think about it, I am actually helping them.  *smiles*

Books are the biggest weakness I have.  I have more books than shelf space.  There are books on shelves, tables, chairs and floors.  There are books of all genres and sizes.  There are books I haven't read and books that I have read so many times, I can recite parts of them.  There are my childhood favorites and books that have become my favorites recently.  I do not like digital books.  I like holding a book in my hand, enjoying the design and color of the covers, feeling the pages as I turn them and yes, even taking in the smell of the pages.
Bedside Reading


Picture it...a place that looks like Barnes & Noble...soft comfy couches, clean bathrooms, good food and coffee, music and of course, books! Add to it an animal shelter filled with puppies and kittens and a store filled to the brim with purses...and I am in seventh heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment