Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saturday Smiles!

With all the negativity in the world today, I've decided to post on Saturdays what gave me smiles during the week.  I, for one, have found myself too many times focused on all the sad and bad instead of concentrating on the glad and good.  There are enough news programs and people paying attention to what's negative in the world.  I think it's time to pay attention to what's good (at least in my world).

*We bought our tickets to Reno, Nevada to visit my son and daughter in law.  We are so excited to go.  They have a new house we have only seen in photos and it's been way too long since we visited in person.

*Another good thing about the trip to Reno is that our youngest son has been able to get the time off work and go with us.  Our whole family will be together which hasn't happened in a very long time.   To preserve, my son is arranging a photographer to take a family picture.  Who can be sure when we will all be in the same place at the same time again.

*The washer finally gave up the ghost and died.  Now this would not seem like a smile to anyone but it is for us as we have enough money to go out and get a new one.  No laundromats while we save up for a new washing machine.  Big smiles on this.

Not too bad for the first Saturday Smiles of my blog.  I like it!

2 comments:

  1. I too am going on a road trip of thankfulness, Ellen. In fact, I already am on it, finding the littlest reasons to whisper a Thank You to God. You are right when you say we tend to focus on the sad and the wrong. Sometimes, when life gets way too rough, perhaps that's all we do because we cannot see the sun for all the hail that's falling on us. But a visit to the doc's today had me thinking that the world's not going to go into reverse just for me to go back and give thanks. Nobody is going to give me the kind of happiness that will make thanksgiving be as natural as breathing. I have to find that happiness myself. I have to search out the little pockets of joy on my own and to thank from my heart.

    It shouldn't be too hard - there's loads to be thankful for - if we care to really look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the reasons I had to start focusing on good. You can't wait for the gigantic, earth-shattering good to show up. The best thing is to concentrate on the small because you never know the small could be the gigantic, earth-shattering good. Hope all is good with you and yours.

      Delete