Saturday, September 29, 2018

Saturday Smiles

Another week of smiles that certainly outdid any negatives that were happening.

 *Detroit Lions beat the New England Patriots in Sunday Night Football when no one including me and my son thought the Lions would even score.  Best thing was I got to watch the game with my son and we enjoyed the win together.

*Got the garage ready for the guys on Monday.  Every year we have a couple guys come and take the garbage we have in our garage out.  This is the large stuff like old furniture, wood, cardboard, etc. that we can't take to recycling or the landfill in our small car.  It helps us get the garage ready for winter when we need to store all the summer furniture, lawn mowers, gardening equip. and move the snowblower, shovels up near the garage door for easier access.  It also helps with space to park the car during the winter. 

*Made a new recipe for chicken wings in the slo cooker and everybody liked them.  I love my slo cooker and am always looking for new recipes to use in it. Maybe I should start posting some slo cooker recipes on my blog.

*With all the drama happening on the news shows, I was happy to find 2 new comedy shows that I liked on tv.  "Last Man Standing" and "The Cool Kids" gave my husband and I a good deal of giggles.  It is nice to be able to laugh at something on tv besides the politicians.

*Received 3 new books that I ordered.  I am excited to cozy up with my coffee, afghan and a good book to read.  The titles are: "Year of Yes" by Shonda Rimes, "The Mystery of Three Quarters" a Hercule Poirot Mystery by Sophie Hannah and "Christmas Cake Murder" by Joanne Fluke (this is part of the Hannah Swenson Mystery series).


4 comments:

  1. Ellen, bless you for the Saturday Smiles series. The first one was a bell tinkled right near my ear. It made me so much more aware of how little thanksgiving I was doing. I had a pretty heavy work week but since I made a conscious effort to give thanks for the littles and the biggies, I was in a far better place at the end of it.

    I loved hearing about your garage clean up. Makes me want to get up and clean my own home too! It's not too soon either as Christmas is just 11 weeks away!

    And yes, do post your slow cooker recipes as well as any others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have found that my attitude, even with all the negativity happening these days, has definitely changed for the better now that I make a conscious effort to appreciate even the smallest good thing. Blessings to you and yours as always.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely way to celebrate the week - it's always nice to look back and recap a few highlights - and if they give us a smile then it's a double bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days it is very important to smile and to appreciate the little things that make it happen.

      Delete