Thursday, November 15, 2018

I Have Become My Mom.

Me

It has been said to me in the last few years that I am sounding and looking like my mom.  This comes as no surprise because I have noticed it as well.  What really surprised me was how many things I do and say are so like mom.  In fact, there have been many times when I swear I am channeling mom.  So here are some examples of how I have become my mom.

-I put sticky notes everywhere.  They can be found on appliances, mirrors, books, cupboard doors, etc.  Mom thought sticky notes were the best invention and so do I.
-My mom loved lists.  She would make a list for everything and would be devastated if she left the house without her to do list in her purse.  I have started to be a list person. I make a list for grocery shopping, for reminders on things I need to do in the house and when I leave the house, a list on what to pack for a trip.  I even make lists for the other members of my family.
-My mom thought it was a terrible habit to go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink, so no matter the time she always did the dishes before bed.  I now do the same.  Weird.
-I find myself using the same sayings as my mom, so much so that my family will roll their eyes and inform me I am channeling mom again.
-Mom was a sign reader.  She read the signs on the road when we were out in the car, she read them in stores.  She loved to read signs.  I find myself doing that too these days.
-Mom loved to watch people.  She would sit in the back of a movie theatre as well as in church in order to watch people.  She would sit in the middle of the mall and in restaurants facing the door so she could watch people.  Guess what....so do I.

Now, for many reasons, some people would find becoming their mom very disconcerting but for me, I think of it as a compliment.  My mom was an awesome person to me and if I become even half of the kind of woman she was, I will be quite happy.
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment