Wednesday, November 28, 2018

My Advent Preparations for Christmas 2018

The season of Advent begins this Sunday.  It is a time of preparing our hearts for the birth of Jesus Christ. As I do each year at this time, I have been thinking and praying on what I shall do for this joyous season.  In the past, I have chosen to read and meditate on what the Bible says for each day of Advent.  This is something I will do again this year.  However, I found myself wanting to do something more hands on (for lack of a bettery way to put it).  On the website of a favorite Church, I found my answer...

                                                    "A Reverse Advent Calendar"

 Her's how it works.  For each day of Advent, you add an item to a food box.  Then on Christmas Eve, you donate the filled box to a local food bank.  I like this.  So many go without during this time of year and it is a small way for me to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment