Sunday, December 2, 2018

Saturday Smiles

*I got the house decorated for Christmas and came to the realization that I have a lot of Christmas decorations.  There are not only decorations handed down from family but also, decorations from my married life as well as decorations received as gifts during my teaching years.  It was so much fun to reminisce about them all.

*There was a post on facebook from the school I retired from about a project that I had done at Christmas time with my students.  It made me smile to know that I was remembered for the project.

*I saw a red headed woodpecker at my bird feeder, a kind I have never seen before.  I was so happy it stayed there until I could take its picture.

*I was able to get all my online Christmas shopping done.  I love online shopping...no lines at the checkout, no going thru store after store to find something.  Easy Peasy shopping.

*My husband and I watched a favorite Christmas movie "The Bishop's Wife" last night on TCM .  We had hot chocolate w/marshmallows to go with it.


2 comments:

  1. Ellen, thank you for the Saturday Smiles posts. Each post is like a wee angel tugging my heart towards the forgotten gem of thanksgiving. This year has been so hard and I've been in battle mode so much and so long that it coloured much of life in sombreness. Thanksgiving is now coming easier to me, (thanks to you!) and with it, a gentle water flows through my hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that you have been going thru a difficult time. I hope that with God's help you are able to find peace and contentment especially in this joyous season. I am keeping you in my prayers as always and I have faith that it will get better.

      Delete