Saturday, April 13, 2019

Saturday Smiles 4/13/2019

*It was my youngest son's birthday on Monday and we went to his favorite restaurant to celebrate.  We had never been there before and were a little apprehensive as it was a brewery.  We have so many of those up here.  We were pleasantly surprised at the wonderful atmosphere and the food.  Of course, sending time with our son and his girlfriend is always a good time.

*My son recommended the whitefish tots as an appetizer.  I am not a big fish eater but I tried them for him.  They were really good!

*I saw a robin on Friday and then again today.  This morning, I watched one perched on the railing of my deck.  I take it as a sign that spring will come to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan soon.

*We had a snowstorm on Thursday and the prediction was for up to 2 feet of snow.  I was very happy to see that we only got about 4 inches instead.  Don't like the fact we had a snowstorm in April but hopefully with such a small amount of accumulated snow, it will melt quick and spring will finally get here.

*I have been trying to incorporate spring around my house as much as I can.  So, here is my front door all decked out for spring.
*I put together a pile of small quilts I have made to take to my local pet shelter.  They use the quilts to wrap the puppies and kittens in.  It is a great way to use up quilting fabric left overs and since they are not large quilts, I can make quite a few in half the time. I also crochet some small blankets as well for the shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment