Saturday, October 19, 2019

A Week's Worth of Slo-Cooking

This past week has been one of getting the house ready for winter.  Extra insulation on all the windows as well as the back door we don't use during the winter months, cutting up and storing wood for the fireplace in the house, putting flannel sheets on all the beds, getting all the deck furniture stored in the garage while the cushions are stored on shelves in the laundry room, tacking down indoor/outdoor carpet runner on deck from front door to steps so I don't slip and fall this winter, and finally, preparing food to be stored in the freezer and pantry shelving for when the weather keeps us from going grocery shopping.

Since all  this work takes both of us, the slo cooker has been a life saver for meals as well as leftover lunches this week.

*Sunday - Turkey Breast

*Monday - Beef roast w/potatoes, carrots, celery and onions.

*Tuesday - Beef Chili

*Wednesday - Whole Chicken

*Thursday - Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

*Friday - Old Fashioned Boneless Pork Chops

*Saturday - BBQ Chicken wings

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of work. Thank God for mercies such as a slo cooker!
    Your preparations for winter stir the excitement within me - for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of work but the fact that we have children who come to help makes the load a bit lighter. Besides I have at least a month to rest before I get started on Christmas which I look forward to as well. My family will tell you that it is my favorite holiday, that I go overboard in the decorating department but that the memories of these Christmases are what they love. By the way, my slo cooker gets another workout during Christmas preparations too.

      Delete