Monday, June 22, 2020

Journey of Joy


I saw the above picture on the Women of Faith website and thought it was so timely for me. This is what I have been meditating on so intensely...the Journey of Joy.  Instead of my looking at it as a journey to get to joy, I should be looking at it as using joy to get to my final destination, almost like following a treasure map to get to where X marks the spot.  On a treasure map, you follow each small step on the trail to get you to your destination. On my journey, I am using an observation a day of something joyful.  It could be something as small as listening to my cat purr as he lays on the table next to me while I journal in the morning or as large as hauling all the returnable cans and bottles accumulated during the lockdown to my former school for a fundraiser.  As I write down in my journal each one of these observations, I am reminded that joy is not something that flashes a neon sign and says "here I am", it is instead something you must look for, notice, pay attention to.  It may not come with fireworks and marching bands, it might come with a whisper.  So I will continue on my journey using joy as my road map to my final destination which is to see life through positive and grateful eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment