Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June 2020 Update

Well, it is June and it has been a long time since I have posted something.  Circumstances around me have taken their toll and for that reason, I have not found much inspiration or motivation to blog.  So much has happened since the beginning of the year 2020: the Covid-19 pandemic with the lockdown of the country and the fear of getting it and/or losing someone to it, the lack of leadership during the pandemic which did not allay the fears, the violence and protests which add to the fear and worries and it goes on and on and on.  I am sorry to say that depression has taken me over and I am finding it difficult to  pull myself out of it.  Like the mask I wear when I go out to do errands, I also wear a mask that makes me appear to be handling everything quite well.  But I am not. 

When I started blogging, I did not want to turn it into a pity party but that is what I seem to be doing.  I am trying to find the joy in life once more.  I am meditating and praying within my faith and it is helping.  I read my favorite blogs and am uplifted, if only for a short time, at how well you are all handling the events of the day.

I do not know when I will blog again but until then, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment