Tuesday, October 5, 2021

My Favorite inventions (so far)


There have been many things invented in the world over the years that I like very much and there are some that I scratch my head and say, "What was the purpose of inventing that?" However, these are my very favorite inventions and I thought I would share those with you.

1.  Sticky Notes.   These are a super invention.  When I was teaching, these were an important item on my school supply list.  They identified papers, were mini notes to myself and others, became part of lessons and activities, super organizational tools and so much more.  At home, they are great for attaching notes for husband, sons and myself onto mirrors, tv screens, refrigerator doors, telephones and the occasional backpack and/or child.

2.  Caller ID.  This is such a simple but great invention.  No more answering the phone thinking its friend or family but instead finding out it's a telemarketer (and yes, I am on the "do not call" list but still get calls).

3.  Mute Button on TV Remote.  I love this button.  Press it and the most annoying commercials (which are most of them) become just a picture of moving mouths, and politicians become automated robots that are easier to look at without hearing all the empty promises.

4.  Slo Cookers.  This is one of my favorite kitchen appliances.  Put the ingredients in the slo cooker in the morning and by dinner time you have a meal.  This is an especially great alternative to turning on the oven in the summer and turning the kitchen into a sauna.

5.  Coffeemaker.  I adore coffee.  My day starts with coffee and keeps going thru the day and into the evening with coffee.  I love being able to set the timer and wake to the sensual smell of coffee first thing in the morning.  I love how I can make a new pot of coffee in less than 15 minutes.  Growing up my mom had one of those coffee pots you used on the stove.  Many a time, it was forgotten and then there was boiled over coffee all over the stove.  However, this can still happen when I forget to slide the carafe all the way in.

6.  Live Streaming.  I love this!  I wasn't sure I was going to like this invention but circumstances changed my mind.  Example:  my oldest son was getting his doctorate and he lives on the other side of the country.  We couldn't afford to go to the ceremony but with live streaming, we were able to watch the whole ceremony as it happened on our computer.  What a great way to share those special, important events that in the past we would have missed.

Your  inventions might be entirely different from mine and that's ok.  Sometimes progress brings good things in the midst of all the negatives.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love visiting lots of blogs so have added you to my list.

    Caller ID is the best ever, but like you I still get calls even while on the Do Not Call List.

    Computers and Smart Phones are some of my favs. I love being able to keep up with my family, and travel the world through peoples blogs.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete