Thursday, August 1, 2024

Moving Forward Once More

In my last post, I told you about the not so good and the good things that were happening in my life.  The not so good things were so overwhelming that I felt I needed to step away from my blog to deal with all that came with the not so good.  Well, the not so good have not gone completely away but they have become more manageable.  I am slowly moving forward once again with God's help.

Now to the good things that happened this past month.  My oldest son and dil surprised us with a visit.  They decided to drive cross country (they live in Reno, Nevada) and visit the family here in Michigan.  First stop was to spend a week with us and then they went to the lower peninsula to visit my dil's family for a few days before heading home. The visit was wonderful.  I miss them so much and it has become too expensive for us to fly and visit them as often as we would like.  We tried out the new Texas Roadhouse restaurant in town and although the food was good, it was quite loud.  Hard to carry on dinner conversation.  Our youngest son and dil joined us for dinner one night at the local italian restaurant.  My oldest loves their garlic bread so that is always worth a visit when they come home. The 6 of us had a marvelous evening as you can see from the smiles in the picture.

My oldest son is the techie son so he always checks out my computer when he comes for a visit.  He says I need a new one with all the bells and whistles but I am quite happy with what I have.  He has become quite the photographer and he spent a lot of time walking in our woods taking pictures of nature.  He also liked taking pictures of our cat, AL.  My dil is the cook and baker in the family and she made B very happy with a batch of chocolate chip cookies.



After the kids left for downstate, the not so good stuff became so overwhelming that I decided to spend the rest of the summer in bed with the covers over my head.  B didn't think this was such a good idea.  B tried to cheer me up by reminding me the Olympics was starting.  I always enjoy watching the Olympics. We watched the opening ceremonies but except for a few good spots, I was not impressed by it at all.  My favorite spot was the singing of the French National Anthem and of course, Celine Dion who was absolutely incredible.  I have been watching beach volleyball and gymnastics and although I am enjoying it,  I am still not my old self (as B would say).

One day, he told me to get in the car because we were going to go and have an adventure where we didn't have to think about anything but peace and calm and fun.  I was skeptical but decided it was worth a try.  Much better than hiding in bed.  Our first stop was the beach.  B knows that the beach has always been a place of peace and calm for me.  He pulls out a deck chairs, a blanket, a pinic basket and cooler, and one of the books I was reading at home.  Sets it up on the beach and says, "Enjoy!"  This is why I have been married to the man for 51 years. It was a wonderful way to spend 2 hours.  We would have stayed longer but the sun was getting a bit too much.  

Next stop on the adventure was a ride to Manistique, MI which is about an hour and half from us. B took me to a couple antique shops there and then we stopped for lunch at Big Clyde's Drive-In.

We had a lovely day and I must admit that B had the absolutely right prescription for my sadness.  After my adventures, I am ready to face what lies ahead although I hope it eases up considerably.

I apologize for the long post but I felt I needed to explain my abcence to those of you who expressed concern.


 



8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm glad things have settled down a bit. A visit from family is a wonderful thing.
    I love your husbands day of taking you to the beach and to Manistique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family can definitely brighten even the darkest days. B is a keeper.

      Delete
  2. My friend, first of all, I am happy to see you back. What a wonderful surprise visit! I love the photo of you with your people. So nice to see you! I am sorry to read of your struggles. I know those feelings. I know how it feels to want to be in bed with the covers over my head. And your man sounds like mine! They know just what we need, right??? Hang on. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you . I value the friendships I have formed on my blog and your words brighten my day. B has his moments, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. I think you are sounding a little bit more like yourself. Your husband is certainly a keeper.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am starting to feel a bit stronger. I chalk it up to a combination of God and B.

      Delete
  4. I'm sad that life got you down to that point.Thank God for the husband who wouldn't give up on you or even let you be. Today the winds are blowing cheerily and with a gusto here. I've decided to go and be outside in the blessing of those winds, to send them my prayers for you. The next time the winds call your name, may it be angels bringing you more blessings from a God who will not let go of you either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. I have felt my angels all around me in the last month. They are definitely working overtime on me. I am sure your prayers are helping me each day to face whatever is thrown at me.

      Delete