Saturday, October 24, 2020

Weekly Wrap-Up!!


*Got absentee ballots in the mail.  B and I filled them out, signed them and then B dropped them off at the Township Office in person. Will be happy when this is over.  We are so tired of the political calls on the phone and ads on the tv .

*Put snow shovel and broom on front porch by front door in preparation for accumulating snow.

*Schwan food order came in.  Freezer filled with food for winter as well as coming holidays.  Pantry is full in preparation for winter during the pandemic.

*Tried a new recipe for a meatless dish.  I made a chinese vegetable side dish which can also be turned into an entree by adding shrimp and rice. B is my taste tester since he is the picky one in the family.  Dil does not eat meat so I have been looking for and making meatless side dishes and entrees.

*Firewood, newspaper and fireplace matches are all refilled and ready for cold winter nights.  Also, flannel sheets put on all the beds as well as extra quilts.

*Took my cat Al to the vet for his yearly checkup and vaccinations.  He is in good health and has started cuddling with me again after avoiding me for a couple hours after the shots. Also, dil clipped his nails.  It is amazing to me how he just sits there and lets her do it without giving her a hassle.

*Took youngest son to the dentist for a root canal.  Going to the dentist is quite expensive these days.  Thank goodness for dental insurance.

2 comments:

  1. Ellen,
    Yours is the kind of post I need to read when I'm a little slow getting to the day. How much you've accomplished!!

    Vegetarian cooking is not my forte, I must admit, but with prawns, it can taste very good. I make a very simple prawn omelette from time to time and so far, everyone is happy with it.

    Expecting guests this weekend, we had to rouse ourselves and give the house a slightly deeper cleaning than the usual daily vacuuming, sweeping and mopping. The visit didn't materialise in the end due to a limited movement order issued but it's nice to have some order in the house now. These are tough days and it's better to be thankful for every tiny blessing and joy that comes along.

    I learned that from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your comment is one of those blessings that I look for each day. Since this pandemic year started, I have been trying to find at least one joy/blessing each day. Some days are harder than most but I keep trying. May you find many joys/blessings as we work our way through this year of trials.

      Delete